- Trump arrives back in the United States after Helsinki Summit with Putin. He is greeted by bipartisan anger towards comments made at a press conference. Here, he sided with the Russian President and went against his own country, claiming that the US intelligence widely proving Russian meddling into the election is not correct if Putin says Russia did not meddle.
- A lava bomb came through the roof of a tour boat in Hawaii, injuring over 20 tourists.
- Today, Former President Barack Obama will speak in South Africa to commemorate Nelson Mandela.
- Israel increases restrictions on cargo that can go into the Gaza Strip. The government said they will no longer be shipping gas and fuel into Gaza, and will only be allowing food and medication to cross the border. All commercial cargo was suspended from entering the Gaza strip last week.
- It has been a month since “Saturday Night Live: China” first aired, and the show is no longer being shown.
- A 29-year-old Russian woman has been arrested after spending three years developing a “back channel line of communication” with the NRA. “These lines could be used by the Russian Federation to penetrate the U.S. national decision-making apparatus to advance the agenda of the Russian Federation,” the affidavit reads.
- Bryce Harper wins Home Run Derby.
- I prefer Trevor Noah, but this video by Colbert is a must watch:
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team reads all the tops stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and writes headlines on what you need to know.