- Responding to bad publicity in the Washington Post, Trump took to Twitter to call the Paper “nothing more than an expensive (the paper loses a fortune) lobbyist for Amazon.”
- A man has been shot and killed outside a bar in York County after speaking out against a man calling one of his friends the n-word.
- Dozens of women have come forward to accuse a former USC gynecologist of sexual assault. One lawyer representing over 50 different women in this case stated the doctor abused “generations of women” and that USC was “protecting a predator.”
- The Daily News – a tabloid paper – laid off half of its newsroom this past week.
- Kentucky Senator Rand Paul went to Twitter to question whether the former CIA Director John Brennan was using his security clearance to make money by spreading secrets to media orginizations. He also posted that he would meet with the President today to see if Brennan’s security clearance could be removed.
- After the President of Iran said that a war with America would be the “mother of all wars” Trump took to Twitter to say “To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE….” Trump’s Secretary of State Mike Pompeo tried to calm Trump’s Twitter rant by posting “To our Iranian-American and Iranian friends: The Trump Administration dreams the same dreams for the people of #Iran as you do, and through our labors and God’s providence they will one day come true.”
- Russian lawmakers have submitted a bill intended to crack down on fake news. The bill says it will hold social networks accountable for “incorrect” posts. This bill is seen as a dangerous step towards cracking down on free speech. The Russian government is already able to punish people who post things for various vague reasons including promoting sexuality and being “extremist” in nature.
- Two are dead and dozens injured in Toronto after a gunman open fired. The gunman died in an exchange with police.
- Carmelo Anthony signs a veteran’s minimum contract with the Houston Rockets.
- Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn was fired over Tweets about rape and pedophilia surfaced. The movie’s star Chris Pratt responded on Twitter by quoting scripture: “Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. Let every person be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger.”
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team reads all the tops stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and writes headlines on what you need to know.