- Michael Cohen released a secret recording of him and Trump discussing payments to Playboy model Karen McDougal. In the tape – obtained by CNN – Trump tells Cohen to pay the model in cash, but Cohen says no. This tape is important because it flies in the face of things that Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani has said including that Trump did not ask to pay in cash and that Trump was learning about the deal for the first time.
- Cohen’s lawyer told media that Cohen was “on a new path — it’s a reset button to tell the truth and to let the chips fall where they may.”
- McDougal was played $150,000 by the National Enquirer – a paper favorable Trump – to have the exclusive rights to the story about her relationship with Trump. The NE never published the story. A second tape is said to exist where Cohn and Trump discuss paying the NE.
- This is maybe the strangest Trump Tweet thus far: I’m very concerned that Russia will be fighting very hard to have an impact on the upcoming Election. Based on the fact that no President has been tougher on Russia than me, they will be pushing very hard for the Democrats. They definitely don’t want Trump!”
- Because Putin said at Helsinki he favored Trump over Hillary, Trump has repeatedly praised Putin, claimed no collusion, and been very amicable towards Russia these past few weeks, this Tweet is turning heads.
- The women killed in the LA Trader Joe’s hostage situation was killed by the gun of a police officer.
- Despite trillion dollar debt, a Trump’s trade war and other glooming factors, job loss rates are at record lows, there is rapid pace of business growth and business optimism is at 99th percentile according to the National Federation of Independent Business
- Death tolls from Greece fire reaches 80, hundreds injured, thousands displaced.
- There was a lot of domestic news, so let’s stick with this.
- Brian Kemp – a candidate strongly endorsed by Trump – will face Stacy Adams in a runoff for the Governor of Georgia. His tagline: politically incorrect conservative. Check out his ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TJS7cleb7E
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s show “Who Is America?” aired an episode where Republican State Rep was duped into saying the n word, barring his buttocks, doing a racist Asian impersonation and joking about taking photos up a woman’s burka. The lawmaker has resigned.
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team reads all the tops stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and writes headlines on what you need to know.