- A shooting in New Orleans kills 3 and wounds 7. A manhunt is underway for two suspects.
- After Trump met with the New York Times Publisher A. G. Sulzberger, he tweeted “Spent much time talking about the vast amounts of Fake News being put out by the media & how that Fake News has morphed into phrase, ‘Enemy of the People.’ Sad!” Sulzberger replied saying “I told him that although the phrase ‘fake news’ is untrue and harmful, I am far more concerned about his labeling journalists ‘the enemy of the people’”.
- The internet is outraged after a cruise ship staff member killed a polar bear after the animal attacked a man. Comedian Ricky Gervais Tweeted “‘Let’s get too close to a polar bear in its natural environment and then kill it if it gets too close’. Morons.”
- Senator Claire McCaskill said Russians have unsuccessfully tried to hack her work computer.
- A Palestinian teen who became an icon after going to prison for 8 months for slapping two Israeli police officers has been released. She now says she wishes to study law to defend her people and “resistance continues until the occupation is removed,”
- The Nigerian military says they have killed at least 16 members of the terrorist group “Boko Haram.”
- Tom Brady walked out of a press conference after being asked if his body trainer could be linked to Julian Edelman’s suspension. Edelman was suspended for using performance-enhancing substances. Edelman and Brady share the same trainer.
- 6th Time’s a Charm
- With over $60 million in the first three days in domestic box office sales and another $90 million overseas, “Mission Impossible: Fallout” grabs the best box office sales since the second film was released. The franchise has made $3 billion worldwide.
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team reads all the tops stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and writes headlines on what you need to know.