- We just learned via The New York Times that the deal NATO recently struck up went behind the back of the US President. In this deal, Macedonia was added to NATO (despite Russian protests), a command post was added in Virginia, and NATO agreed upon more coordinated responses to attacks on its member’s countries. John Bolton – National Security Advisor – pushed members of NATO to get the deal done before the President went to Europe as to prevent him from destroying the agreement.
- Airbnb says it may expel visitors if they are renting houses in Charlottesville for the upcoming protests.
- Trump is moving forward with his SpaceForce. His staff emailed supporters of his 2020 campaign to vote on the logo for the new military field.
- Today, Israel bombed more than 150 Hamas militant sights in the Gaza strip. This comes as retaliation for Hamas sending 180 rockets into Israel, wounding 7.
- 29 kids are dead and 30 are wounded after a Saudi led attack in Yemen.
- Legal abortion bill is rejected in Argentina.
- Preseason football kicks off today! #1 pick (Browns QB Baker Mayfield) faces off against #2 pick (Giants RB Saquon Barkley).
- The Oscars add a new category: outstanding achievement in popular film. This new genre may be a sign that the Oscar selection community is worried that Black Panther will not be nominated.
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team reads all the tops stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and writes headlines on what you need to know.