- Trump’s personal lawyer and his campaign manager were both found guilty with several crimes within minutes of one another. Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to 8 counts of fraud and tax evasion. He also stated that the President not only knew about a hush payment but also ordered the payments. Trump’s campaign manager was also charged with 8 counts of fraud, but his trial did not involve the President directly. Still, both are large blows to the White House and the nation will await a response.
- Trump’s twitter has been active, posting several things since the verdicts, leaving a huge elephant in the room.
- In an ongoing search for a missing 24-year-old girl, Mollie Tibbet’s body was found and the abductor/killer is said to be an undocumented immigrant. The motive is still unclear.
- A US senator who sat down with Brett Kavanaugh says the supreme court nominee sees Roe V. Wade as settled law. Roe was a case that allowed legal abortions and has been a hot topic with a potential new justice.
- A 7.3 magnitude earthquake hit Venezuela today, but no deaths or major injuries have been reported thus far.
- As part of an agreement between North and South Korea, families from both sides were able to meet for a few hours this week after being separated for many decades.
- Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman left the game after 6 pitches with an injury. Chapman has one of the fastest pitches in the game.
- Supposedly Ben Affleck is dating a Playboy model.
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.