- People are angry that Louis C.K. made a surprise appearance at “The Comedy Cellar” to showcase some new improv bits. This is the first performance by the comedian since he admitted to sexual assault last year. His set made no mention of the events and he received a standing ovation before and after the set.
- Former Police Officer Roy Oliver is convicted of murder and sentenced to 15 years after he shot an unarmed black 15-year-old. This is one of the first times a police officer has been charged in such an instance. Typically, the jury sites difficulty of the job and pardons the officer in question.
- The UN Human Rights Council says that Myanmar leader Suu Kyi ‘should have resigned’ after a report came out about her leading a violent campaign against the Rohingya Muslim minority.
- A city in Germany removed a statue of Turkey’s President after it was defaced with the caption “Turkish Hitler.”
- The New York Jets name #3 pick Sam Darnold as the season’s starting QB. They sent the backup Teddy Bridgewater to the Saints in exchange for draft picks.
- Aaron Rodgers signed a record 4 year deal with the Green Bay Packers worth $134 million.
- Check out Dyson’s new golden hair dryer: https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/8/29/17796160/dyson-hair-dryer-worth-it-gold
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.