- Former Trump adviser and former chairman of Breitbart Steve Bannon was scheduled to headline the New Yorker festival. Then, liberal actors and producers who were also scheduled to attend the festival said they would drop out if Bannon was invited. So David Remnick uninvited Bannon and said he would interview him at another time.
- Trump tweeted: “The Democrats, none of whom voted for Jeff Sessions, must love him now. Same thing with Lyin’ James Comey. The Dems all hated him, wanted him out, thought he was disgusting – UNTIL I FIRED HIM! Immediately he became a wonderful man, a saint like a figure in fact. Really sick!”
- Thousands of people are stranded on Islands in Greece after ferry workers strike for a 5% pay raise.
- Colin Kaepernick was chosen by Nike to be the face of the 30th anniversary Just Do It campaign. Kaepernick is currently in a legal battle with the NFL over claims that they kept him out of the league over his kneeling protests.
- At the same time Nike came out with their ad, former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad lent his support via twitter: “The
#NFL season will start this week, unfortunately once again @Kaepernick7 is not on a NFL roster. Even though he is one of the best Quarterbacks in the league. #ColinKaepernick #NFL”
- Hard Knocks has some funny takes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fid1RU97vNg
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.