- Today was the first day of Judge Brett Kavanaugh confirmation hearing. He was selected by Trump to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy. From the first moments in the hearing, Senator Kamala Harris and other Democrats interrupted the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee to postpone the hearing until they had sufficient time to read the 100,000 pages of documents the White House released last night regarding Kavanaugh’s history. Much of the confirmation hearing was also taken up by a multitude of protesters who made it into the room and started shouting at Kavanaugh. Thousands of protesters lined up outside.
- A man traveling through Newark Airport was caught carrying a replica of a handmade bomb. “He was carrying a test item that was built and designed to mimic a fully-assembled bomb when viewed on an X-ray monitor,” TSA said. Hundreds of passengers were inconvenienced and the man was arrested.
- At least 9 people are dead in Japan after Typhoon Jebi struck. It is the worst storm Japan has seen in 25 years.
- The President of China just agreed to investing $60 billion to improve infrastructure in Africa.
- Serena Williams is in the US Open Semifinals.
- The FBI found a pair of ruby slippers that were stolen from the set of The Wizard of Oz 13 years ago.
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.