There is a lot of news today.
- Nike share price fell by $3 per share in response to the new Kaepernick ad campaign.
- The New York Times took what they called a “rare step” by publishing an anonymous Op-Ed. In this article, someone who claims to be a senior staffer in The White House wrote about how “officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.”
- Trump responded via Twitter: “Does the so-called “Senior Administration Official” really exist, or is it just the Failing New York Times with another phony source? If the GUTLESS anonymous person does indeed exist, the Times must, for National Security purposes, turn him/her over to government at once!”
- Republican Senator Marco Rubio and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones got in a tussle outside of a hearing room after meetings between politicians and social media execs took place. The tussle started when Jones made fun of Rubio for losing to Trump. Then, Rubio said he would “take care of him” if Jones touched him. Watch here: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1LyxBQyRWopJN
- Suicide bombers kill 20 and injure 70 in Kabul. The motive and group responsible are unknown.
- There has been a lot of discussion in Kenya about a dress code. Recently, male MP’s have complained about the way females dress, most notably one person who wore a blouse that showed her full arms. This letter responds to these men: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-45407230
- Trump tweeted: “Just like the NFL, whose ratings have gone WAY DOWN, Nike is getting absolutely killed with anger and boycotts. I wonder if they had any idea that it would be this way? As far as the NFL is concerned, I just find it hard to watch, and always will, until they stand for the FLAG!”
- Check out the full-length Kaepernick/Nike ad just released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq2CvmgoO7I
- Kevin Spacey will not be charged in LA after sexual assault allegations. However, a new trailer for the final season of House of Cards just dropped and Spacey’s character is dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygD802usNmg
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.