- Following a meeting on the Hill between social media execs and senators, conservative conspiracy theorist has been permanently banned from Twitter. This comes a day after his verbal battle with Marco Rubio. CEO Jack Dorsey said in the hearing that while the company is left-leaning, Twitter does not use its algorithm to silence the voices of conservatives.
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg added that there are working hard to fight outside meddling in the midterm elections.
- VP Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo come out saying they are not the people who wrote the anonymous op-ed in the Times yesterday.
- Starbucks opens its first store in Italy.
- 4 dead (including gunman) after a shooting took place in a bank in Cincinnati. Cops acted quickly and effectively.
- Senator Cory Booker released what he claimed to be confidential documents about Brett Kavanaugh. He said he would accept being expelled by this action. Members of the GOP called BS, saying the documents had already been released and that this action came from Booker eyeing a run in 2020.
- One of these released documents is an email from Kavanaugh saying “I am not sure that all legal scholars refer to Roe as the settled law of the land,” contradicting what he said in the confirmation hearings.
- India legalized gay sex, overturning a 160-year-old ban.
- 9 are dead, 40 missing after landslides take place in Japan. This comes as a result of typhoons on the mainland.
- Today was the first regular-season NFL game! The Birds fought it out – and the defending champs in Philly beat the Atlanta Falcons.
- Serena Williams will face Naomi Osaka of Japan in the final of the US Open.
- Roy Moore sues comedian Sacha Baron Cohen for $95 million dollars for defamation after this clip aired on Cohen’s TV show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kaJaDx51iw
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.