- Tesla stock falls 9% after a video surfaces of CEO Elon Musk smoking pot during an interview with Joe Rogan.
- Former President Obama delivered a scathing review of Trump in a speech to students at the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign. Trump – who held a rally in North Dakota said he turned into Obama’s speech but “fell asleep.” See top image.
- A new study suggests that 80-90% of the country’s voting machines could be defective and should be replaced before the midterms.
- Former Trump advisor Stephen Papadopoulos is sentenced to 14 days in jail after admitting to lying to an FBI probe in regards to connections with Russia.
- Last year, a homeless man gave a woman 20 bucks for gas. She posted the story on her social media with a GoFundMe link. It blew up and she raised $400,000. Months later, the homeless man claimed that he had only seen a few hundred bucks and that the woman had posted on her social media taking extravagant vacations, possibly with the money he raised for him. Now, GoFundMe promises the homeless man will see all the money raised in his name.
- US added 200,000 jobs last month and the annual wage gain is the largest it has been since 2009.
- Putin rejected Turkey’s demands for a truce. Putin said he would continue the effort to fight against “terrorists” in the Idlib
- Watch as Brazill’s far right presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro was stabbed at a rally, losing 40% of his blood.
- Rafael Nadal forfeited a match in the US Open after an injury. His opponent J. del Potro is in the finals.
- Rapper – and ex boyfriend of pop star Ariana Grande – Mac Miller is dead after an apparent overdose.
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.