- Trump tweeted that his new trade tariffs will bring Ford manufacturing back to America from China. However, on the 31st of August, the company announced it would not be bringing this car back to America.
- Mohammed Morsi was the fifth president of Egypt. In 2013, he was ousted by a coup led by Egyptian army chief General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. In response, Mori’s supporters held a sit-in in a public square. Today, sentences were delivered for 700 of those protesters. 75 received death sentences and another 50 received life imprisonment.
- 7 people were injured in a knife attack in Paris, but authorities say it was not terrorism.
- Today was the first Sunday of the NFL Season. Top storylines: Aaron Rodgers plays through an injury to beat the Bears in dramatic fashion, Brown tie with Steelers to get best season start since 2004.
- Novak Djokovic wins U.S. Open for 14th Grand Slam singles title.
- Les Moonves is leaving CBS amid sexual assault allegations which he denies. He will donate $20 million to organisations supporting the #MeToo movement. Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKa5u6mX05o
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.