- Government shutdown goes into the third week with little end in sight.
- National Security Advisor John Bolton is pumping the brakes on the pull out of U.S. troops in Syria as directed by Trump. Bolton’s handling of the situation could leave troops in Syria for years.
- Trump promises to continue pressure on Mexico to get them to help fund the wall.
- Jellyfish sting thousands off the coast of Australia.
- Bears kicker hits the uprights on potential game-winner.
- Eagles will play Saints, Cowboys will play Rams, Colts will play Chiefs, and Chargers will play Patriots.
- Golden Globes was co-hosted by Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh. Oh is the first Asian-American to ever host a major award show.
- Rami Malek won best actor for “Bohemian Rhapsody,” Glenn Close won best actress for “The Wife,” and “Green Book” won best movie.
Photo credits to Mashable (Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh host the Golden Globes)
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.