- Another Democrat is throwing his hat in the ring for a 2020 race. Julián Castro served as the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development under Obama and he is of Mexican-American descent. He is 44 years old.
- Illinois denied R. Kelly a permit to perform in April. Radio stations, streaming services, and concert venues are removing R. Kelly in light of recent allegations of rape and assault.
- Netflix is being sued for copyright infringement after they released a choose your own adventure movie. In this movie, viewers could click to decide the characters’ destiny. They are being sued by a storybook company who says they do not want their identity to be linked with this movie that depicts violence and drugs.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says he is confident that they can reach an agreement with Turkey to protect Kurdish fighters in Syria after the U.S. leaves.
- Yellow vests protest in France again.
- Congo Presidential candidate is appealing the election results.
- Chiefs’ defense shows out in win over Colts. Kansas City is one game away from the Super Bowl. Rams beat Cowboys too.
- Steve Buscemi’s wife has died. She was 65.
Photo credits to KTVU (Castro announces Presidential bid)
What is Hey Hank Headlines?
Hank and his team read all the top stories so you don’t have to. They divide the stories into four categories and write headlines on what you need to know.